What Should I Do if I Suspect my Partner is Abusing Our Child?

Child abuse is a serious matter in any circumstance, and during family law proceedings is no different. There are courses of actions you can take.

If you think your child may be at risk of abuse, you should contact an experienced family law solicitor as soon as possible.

After consultation with your solicitor, a notice of child abuse or family violence may be filed, which will bring the matter directly to the court’s attention, giving them the opportunity to consider the matter and issue any orders that may be required.

We therefore invite you to discuss your particular situation with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who is very experienced in this area.

Prior to your first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complimentary basis prior to your first family law appointment.

Please note this is not family law advice. It is important to seek specific family law advice. We are very experienced Perth family law solicitors and can provide you with the very best legal advice regarding children’s matters.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director Shannon Bodeker at info@bodekers.com.au now for your complimentary pre-read and your first appointment at a reduced rate.