Applying for a Recovery Order

People other than a child’s parents are able to make applications for recovery orders.

The following people with a parenting order from the Family Court may apply for a recovery order:

  1. A person with whom the child is to live; or
  2. A person with whom the child is to spend time with; or
  3. A person with whom the child is to communicate with; or
  4. A person who has parental responsibility for the child.

Alternatively, the following people may apply where no parenting order applies to them:

  1. A grandparent of the child.
  2. Any other person concerned with the care, welfare or development of the child.

Child relocation and child recovery matters can be very complex. We therefore recommend you seek early legal advice from one of our very experienced Perth family lawyers. We invite you to discuss your particular matter with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who has been working in family law for over 20 years and has High Court experience in child relocation.

Prior to your first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complimentary basis prior to your first family law appointment. We get to know you and your family law matter before we meet.

Please note this is not family law advice. It is important to seek advice specific to your circumstances. We are very experienced Perth family law solicitors and can provide you with the very best legal advice regarding child relocation.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director, Shannon Bodeker at, for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced rate.