Perth Child Support

child custody

Perth Child Support – Parental Responsibilities

Parents have a responsibility to financially maintain their children. This responsibility is often referred to as “child support”. Child support applies even if you have never lived with the other parent. This responsibility usually continues until a child reaches the age of 18 years. In some circumstances support is paid for children over the age of 18 years.

Perth Child Support – Child Support Assessments

The Child Support Agency is responsible for making assessments on financial support. Child support gets paid to you if you are the parent with primary care of the child.  The child support assessment determines the amount of money you receive to support your child. The amount of child support received will depend on several factors. For example, the income of both parents, the level of care provided by each parent and the costs of raising children. The Child Support Agency’s estimator, estimates the child support you can receive. You should be aware this tool is purely for estimation purposes and may not apply to your circumstances. Support 

Perth Child Support – Parental Resolution

Parents can resolve child support agreements privately between them. These agreements can outline the payment method. Some child support agreements require both parties to have obtained independent legal advice.

If you have separated, you should obtain legal advice regarding either paying or receiving support. Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators can assist by providing advice, preparing child support agreements or aiding in obtaining or changing a child support assessment. Our director, Shannon Bodeker has worked as a Senior Case Officer with the Child Support Agency.

Prior to you first appointment, you may send us an email outlining your situation. This information will be pre-read at no charge prior to your first appointment with our Child Custody Perth lawyers.

Bodekers practises in all areas of family law including Perth child relocation , Perth child custody.