Annulment of Marriage

July 27, 2016 – at 4:25 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers

In Australia, you may be able to apply for a “decree of nullity of marriage” on the ground that your marriage is invalid. An application may be made by either or both spouses.

A decree of nullity will effectively declare the marriage null and void. It is usually granted where a marriage arguably should never have been permitted in the first place.

Family law matters can be very complex. We therefore recommend you seek legal advice from one of our very experienced Perth family lawyers. We invite you to discuss your particular matter with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who has been working in family law for over 20 years.

Prior to your first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complimentary basis prior to your first family law appointment. We get to know you and your family law matter before we meet.

Please note this is not family law advice. It is important to seek advice specific to your circumstances. We are very experienced Perth family law solicitors and can provide you with the very best legal advice regarding family law matters.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director, Shannon Bodeker at, for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced rate.