You cannot sign and file the Application for Divorce in the Family Court of Western Australia until you have been separated from your spouse for at least 12 months. At least one spouse must regard the marriage as over on the date of separation and in some way communicate this to the other spouse. Proving … Read more

Parents are often required to make decisions regarding medical treatment on their child’s behalf. The parent’s wishes may not always be the final word in making the decision to provide treatment. Parents may be considered to be in the best position to decide what is in their child’s best interests as they are the most … Read more

In Perth Family Law before making an application to the Court in parenting cases, the Family Court of Western Australia usually requires you to attend Compulsory Family Dispute Resolution. When applying for a Family Dispute Resolution an exemption may be granted where there is a risk of family violence. This may be possible where the … Read more

At separation, some couples choose to live in the same house. They may elect to do this to support their children until all parties are financially stable or for a host of other reasons. In Australia, you must have been separated from your spouse for at least 12 months before you can file for divorce … Read more

Family Violence Restraining Orders can be resolved in a variety of ways including by undertaking or as follows. Undertaking Enter into a one way or into a mutual undertaking by consent. An undertaking is a promise to the Court to act in a certain way and not to do certain things. An undertaking can be … Read more

Child abuse is a serious matter in any circumstance, and during family law proceedings is no different. There are many courses of action you can take, however. If you think your child may be at risk of abuse, you should contact an experienced family law solicitor as soon as possible. After consultation with your solicitor, … Read more

In divorce and separation, ex-partners will likely meet new partners or significant others. The more important and integrated this person becomes in the ex-spouses’ life, the more access they may have to your children. Parents may want to exercise control over who is looking after their children, especially in cases of re-partnering when the child … Read more