Child Recovery Free Pre-read
Child Recovery Free Pre-Read: Obtaining a Recovery Order for your Child
We can prepare recovery orders for the return of a child to a person responsible for the child’s care. Further, we can file these documents on your behalf in the Family Court of Western Australia.
You may need to apply for a recovery order if: a parent is refusing to return the child after a visit, or has taken a child to live in a remote location or interstate without your consent.
You can apply for a recovery order if you are a:
- parent of the child
- person who has a parenting order that states the child lives with, spends time with or communicates with that person, or
- person who has parental responsibility for the child.
Email us for a Child Recovery Free Pre-Read
Looking for legal advice or representation in recovering your child? You can email us detailing as much information about your situation as well as any questions you have. Our Legal Practitioner Director Shannon Bodeker reads this on a no-charge basis before meeting you. Therefore we can get to know your matter before we meet with you, and focus on the important work during your consult.
If you think you might need a recovery, you may want to include the following information:
- Where and with who the child ordinarily lives;.
- Details of time the child spends with the other parent;
- Where the child has been taken to, or if you are not sure, where you believe the child might be;
- Any discussions you have had with the other parent regarding the removal of the child;
- Details of any court orders in place and copies of any relevant documents;
- Details of any steps taken to find the child;
- Details of contact you have had/are having with the child;
- What you expect will happen if the child is not recovered and why; and
- Any issues of abuse, neglect, family violence, drug or alcohol use.