Child Recovery Free Pre-read

July 13, 2016 – at 3:12 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers
Child Custody

A recovery order is an order made by the Family Court for the return of a child to a person who is responsible for the child’s care. You may need to apply for a recovery order in situations including where a parent refuses to return the child after a visit or has taken a child to live in a remote location or interstate without your consent. 

We invite you to provide everything you would like to tell our lawyers during your first appointment, as well as any questions you have. If you think you might need a recovery order, in addition to the information you may provide for a custody free pre-read, you may want to include further information such as:

  1. Where and with who the child ordinarily lives;.
  2. Details of time the child spends with the other parent;
  3. Where the child has been taken to, or if you are not sure, where you believe the child might be;
  4. Any discussions you have had with the other parent regarding the removal of the child;
  5. Details of any court orders in place and copies of any relevant documents;
  6. Details of any steps taken to find the child;
  7. Details of contact you have had/are having with the child;
  8. What you expect will happen if the child is not recovered and why; and
  9. Any issues of abuse, neglect, family violence, drug or alcohol use.

Contact Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators by phone (08) 9323 7711 or email for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced flat rate.