Child Relocation in Perth

March 29, 2016 – at 12:13 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers

If you want to relocate yourself and your child, without your abusive partner, you may first need to apply to the court for permission.

Family law in Perth usually requires the court to consider what is in the best interests of the child when making a ruling.

One of the main considerations of the court is the need to protect the child from physical or psychological harm. This means that any history of domestic or family violence will usually be relevant and should be disclosed to the court in an application.

Relocation issues involving children can be complex. We recommend you seek legal advice from one of our experienced family law solicitors. We invite you to discuss your particular situation with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who specialises in mediation.

Prior to your first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complimentary basis prior to your first family law appointment.

Please note this is not family law advice. It is important to seek specific family law advice. We are very experienced Perth family law solicitors and can provide you with the very best legal advice regarding child relocation.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director Shannon Bodeker at now for your complimentary pre-read and your first appointment at a reduced rate..