De Facto Partners Dividing Property – Perth Family Law Firm

May 12, 2016 – at 2:11 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers

A separating couple may be able to apply to the court for an order altering property interests.

Family law enables the court to change the amount that de facto partners are entitled to, in a similar way they would a traditionally married couple.

The court may consider, amongst other things;

  1. The financial contributions made by the parties in relation to any property owned; and
  2. The non-financial contributions made by the parties in relation to any property owned; and
  3. The contributions made by the parties to the welfare of the family, including in the capacity of homemaker or parent; and
  4. The effect of any order on the parties’ future earning capacity.

De facto financial matters can be very complex. We therefore recommend you seek legal advice from one of our very experienced Perth family lawyers. We invite you to discuss your particular matter with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who has been working in family law for over 20 years.

Prior to your first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complimentary basis prior to your first family law appointment. We get to know you and your family law matter before we meet.

Please note this is not family law advice. It is important to seek advice specific to your circumstances. We are very experienced Perth family law solicitors and can provide you with the very best legal advice regarding de facto financial matters.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director, Shannon Bodeker at, for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced rate.