Family Law FAQ

Family Law includes property settlement, custody or parenting arrangements for children, spouse maintenance and child support. Our Legal Practitioner Director has been working in Perth Family Law for over 20 years now practising exclusively in family law. Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators fees are less than the Family Court of Western Australia Determination Act. We provide ongoing disclosure about legal fees for their clients. We assist our family law clients and work with them to keep their legal fees as low as possible.

Our Legal Practitioner Director practises family law throughout Australia and in the Family Court of Western Australia for Perth matters.

Family law is important as it assists family law clients to reach agreement in matters about their children and their finances.

Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) refers to services that are designed to help you resolve your disputes without needing to go to the Family Court.

If you and your former partner have reached an agreement you should considering making an Application for Consent Orders with the Family Court.

Court orders are the way the decisions or judgments of judicial officers are described.

Orders from the Family Court can be made either after a hearing by a Judicial Officer or after an application for consent orders.

Filing an application with the Family Court begins a process. What that process involves will depend on the type of application made. When filing an application, you will need to follow the procedures and rules of the relevant Court. There will also be filing fees.

Depending on the application, it is likely you will need to file a response. The types of documents you will need to file as part of your response will depend upon whether the application relates to parenting matters, financial matters or a combination. You should seek legal advice.

A subpoena is issued by a Court, generally at the request of a party, requiring a person or organisation to produce documents or give evidence to the Court.

Service is the legal term to describe the giving of court documents by one person to another. It means giving the other person a copy of your documents in a way that satisfies a court that the other person has received them.

Contact Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators by phone (08) 9323 7711 or email for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced flat rate.