Our Free Services
We invite you to send us an email outlining your situation before meeting with us. Our Legal Practitioner Director Shannon Bodeker reads this on a no-charge basis before your first family law appointment.
A free pre-read helps save you time and money in the short and long term. Here’s how:
- It means you don’t have to explain your matter in your appointments or when we act for you;
- If you are already in court proceedings, we read your documents before you come in for an appointment. This way you don’t have to spend money on an appointment telling us what you may have already told another legal practitioner;
- Reading about your case beforehand means we can research the most recent Family Law that applies to you;
- It allows us to develop a strategy that is relevant to your case;
- By reading about you before your appointment, we gain an understanding of you and your situation. We can commit to getting to work right away to make things better for you; and
- By writing to us about your situation in advance you won’t forget anything important.
What information should I include in my email?
Send us everything that you would like to tell our lawyers during your first appointment.
This might include:
- Family Court documents;
- a Child Support assessment;
- Parenting plans;
- your partner’s Family Court documents (if they have commenced proceedings);
- documents relating to family finances; and/or
- any questions you may have.
We often refer to your initial email when drafting documents and throughout the course of your matter. Knowing the background of your situation shapes the strategy we apply to your case.
Still not sure what to include?
Writing about your family situation can be hard. You can read our tips for background emails on divorce, de facto relationships, custody, child recovery, relocation, grandparents’ rights, child support, property settlement and spousal maintenance.
Contact Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators by phone (08) 9323 7711 or email email@example.com for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced flat rate.