Long Distance Relocation

June 10, 2016 – at 2:58 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers

The effect an interstate or overseas relocation may have on a child’s day to day routine and ability to spend time with the other parent will likely be much greater than only moving a couple of suburbs away.

If you relocate long distance without getting consent from the other parent or the court, a recovery order may be made requiring the child to be returned.

A recovery order granted may affect your chances of being given permission to relocate by the court later on.

Child relocation matters can be complex. We therefore recommend you seek early legal advice from one of our very experienced Perth family lawyers. We invite you to discuss your particular matter with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who has been working in family law for over 20 years and has High Court experience in child relocation.

Prior to your first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complimentary basis prior to your first family law appointment. We get to know you and your family law matter before we meet.

Please note this is not family law advice. It is important to seek advice specific to your circumstances. We are very experienced Perth family law solicitors and can provide you with the very best legal advice regarding child relocation.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director, Shannon Bodeker at info@bodekers.com.au, for your complimentary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced rate.