Marriage Certificates – Perth Family Law/Divorce

March 8, 2017 – at 4:10 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers
Divorce Lawyers Perth - Bodekers Family Law Lawyers & Mediators

To be eligible for divorce in Western Australia you must provide the Perth Family Court with a copy of your marriage certificate. If you do not have your marriage certificate you will need to get a copy.

  • If you were married in Australia, you can contact the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages in the capital city where you were married.
  • If you cannot get a copy of your marriage certificate, you need to prepare an affidavit and file it with the Court explaining the details of your marriage and the reasons why you cannot get a copy of your marriage certificate.

Family law matters can be very complex. It is Important to note that this is not legal advice We therefore recommend you seek legal advice from one of our very experienced Perth family lawyers. We invite you to discuss your particular matter with our Legal Practitioner Director, Ms. Shannon Bodeker, who has been working in family law for over 20 years.

Prior to you first appointment, you may send us an email, fax or similar, outlining your situation in as much detail as you like. This information will be read on a complementary basis prior to your first family law appointment. We get to know you and your family law matter before we meet.

Email our Legal Practitioner Director, Shannon Bodeker at, for your complementary pre-read and first appointment at a reduced rate.