If someone is violent towards you, threatens you or your property, harasses or intimidates you, you may be able to apply for a restraining order to be taken out against them.
We invite you to provide everything you would like to tell our lawyers during your first appointment, as well as any questions you have. Some of the information that may be useful could include:
- Your name and the relevant people involved in the altercations;
- A brief history of the relationship;
- The date of the violent or intimidating incident/s;
- A brief description of each incident/s that was seen or heard;
- Any documents evidencing the incident/s;
- Highlight the most serious and recent incident/s;
- Provide the names of the people who need protection and why;
- Provide names of any witnesses to the incident if possible;
- Provide any other court documents that are relevant including any family court orders;
- Any other information you deem relevant.