When Am I Able to Relocate with My Child?

January 12, 2017 – at 5:43 am – by Bodekers Family Lawyers

We are a long established family law firm in Perth, Western Australia. Our Legal Practitioner Director Shannon Bodeker has been studying and/or working in child relocation family law for over 20 years.

There are times when we need to move town, state or country with our children. In family law this is known as child  relocation.

If both parents agree to the relocation they can enter orders that would be able to provide for that

However often this is not the case, if one of the parents does not agree to the relocation, an application may have to be made in the Family Law Courts that seeks an order to allow you to relocate with the child.

If the other parent has already relocated without an agreement you should contact a family lawyer immediately. We are Perth Family Lawyers that work specifically in Child Recovery and Child Relocation in Perth, Western Australia.Please see our page on

If you are planning on relocating or want to prevent the other parent from relocating, you should seek legal advice from an early stage from our Perth Family Lawyers with expertise in child relocation. By taking advantage of the free pre-read that Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators offer we can save you time and money.

Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators work exclusively in Perth Family Law. c

Contact Bodekers Family Lawyers & Mediators by phone (08) 9323 7711 or email info@bodekers.com.au for your free pre-read and first appointment at a reduced flat rate.

parental rights lawyer